What Lotus Herbals Claims
Lotus Herbals website calls this Moisturising Lip Color.
What I Think
I differ on the moisture claim. I would call this a non drying lip colour. This is definitely not moisturizing. I do need a balm under this. That apart, I have no complaints with this little beauty. I am in love with this nudish mauve colour. What you see on the swatch is a single swipe. It can be build to a darker mauve with 2-3 swipes. It has a sheen that eliminates need for a gloss and can lasts for a good four hours on me. It fades evenly, without a tint.
Among all the Lotus lipsticks, I like the packaging of these the most. The pale gold tube with the lotus motif is quite nice in my opinion.
It has a sweet almond smell that I don’t mind but others might. Think Rogan Badam Shirin! The smell lasts for quite a while after application.
What It Costs
These are available at counters for INR 245 a pop. Lotus counters are slowly making appearances in Big Bazaars, Pantaloons, Spencers etc. You can also checkout the local beauty stores. A few of them carry Lotus colours. If you can’t find them close to your place, turn to the internet. Lotus is available on Healthkart, VioletBag, GoodLife etc. More often than not, there are discounts and vouchers available on these sites.
- Pretty nude mauve colour that will suit a lot of skin tones from fair to dusky
- Non drying
- Decent lasting power of 4 hours
- At INR 245, it is amongst the least cost lipsticks
- Not moisturizing
- Not creamy and tends to harden a bit in cooler weathers
- The packaging does not indicate the colour. You have to read the tiny label at the bottom if you have a few of them