Hi guys, December is the time for office parties Galore! While party is the time for fun, office parties need us to observe unspoken decorum. Albeit that depends on the environment of the party. I for one always feel that office parties are not the place to adorn your best club wear. But, I don’t want to be the frumpy granny either. So, my unspoken party attire and look consists of:
- Simple Dark wash jeans or formal trousers based on the casual or formal nature of the party
- A chic top. Now this is where I prefer to add a bit of jazz. Nothing cleavage revealing or too body hugging. But slightly blingy, shiny stuff is good 🙂
- One eye catching accessory. My favorite is a nice bag. Be it a quilted leather evening bag or studded clutch, it stands out well. Next on my list is a statement necklace. This is specially good if you have a casual party. You can add a chunky bold necklace to your regular office outfit if you don’t have time to change and viola, new look! I avoid large earrings because they hurt like crazy and get tangled in my hair while dancing. But if they are your forte, go for it
- Heels! The quirkier, the better! I swap my office pumps / sandals for some killer heels…
- Finally, I like simple makeup. I don’t do eye shadow much so the only thing I prefer is a plain wash of neutral shadow and maybe some eyeliner. I have gone bare eyed to one of the events too… 🙂 I mattify my skin because be certain you’ll sweat at a party. The booze, the dancing…. it will take its toll 🙂 And top it off with a slight blush and lipstick or gloss. That’s all!
- Hairstyle. If I have a haircut due, I time it a day before the party. That ways, I have salon hair 😉 Else, I tame them using a blow dry or curl twist them myself. Anything to just differentiate from an everyday office look…