The Monsoon season has arrived with a bang… actually with a splash! If you have been following the news then you know that reports of flooding have come in from Rajasthan to Imphal. Once the romanticism of rains, the chai-pakora fetish wears off, we will gravitate to mundane issues like what to wear to office…Continue Reading “What to Wear to Office during Monsoon?”
My 6-year-old daughter is a little fashionista. On a normal day, even if she is going to the park to play she spends ten minutes picking out her outfit, ten minutes of getting ready and another ten to do her hair. I was glad when her play school ended because BIG school meant a uniform…Continue Reading “Being a Little Fashionista on a Budget”
What to Wear to a Beach??? Are you wondering why this question? Well, if you follow me on Instagram (you don’t, oh please do!) then you probably know that I was in Goa since last weekend. We had an extended long weekend out there but I had the hardest time packing for myself. Why do you ask? Let me tell you why!
- My weight has been fluctuating for the last few months. My clothes could either look horrendously tight or baggy depending on the kind of day I was having. Now before any red signals flash, yes I have gotten medical tests done and nothing came off that.
- I have been lazy in working out and my body is not in a good shape. I am avoiding any outfits that are knee length or shorter.
- We were going to a family beach vacation. Complete with my baby and father in law. This meant loads of extra clothes and bags so I did not want to carry too many backup outfits and had to pack smart
- I realised the extent of my blue-black-white obsession when EVERYTHING i laid out as an option was blue, black or white!
- Lastly, I did not want pictures in the same outfits as before.(You know we all have that set of vacations outfits? I wanted my vacation pics in new outfits…. vanity alert!)
Packing on the very last day with all these constraints running through my head gave me a massive headache. Off late, whenever I have travelled I have known the exact agenda and have been able to pack outfits accordingly. This time, we had no agenda. I thought of creating a capsule but realised that if I am going to be on the beach then my clothes would get wet and sandy and I would not be able to repeat them. So a capsule was out. Then I thought of what criteria the clothes needed to fulfill:Continue Reading "What to Wear to a Beach?"
You read it right! My Diwali look post made me aware that it has been a while since I wrote about beauty and fashion and was really missing doing those posts. So today, I am going to share my experience of styling a thick woollen coat. Having lived all my life in Mumbai, I had almost no experience of a proper winter. I had a great fascination for winter wear though. Who wouldn’t? Those long coats, the high boots.. they instantly glam one up. I bought a brown coat when I first moved to Delhi. It was a flattering cut, the colour was versatile and it served me well for a few years. However, being the lover of colour that I am, I wanted a brighter coat and a thicker one too.
During my North East trip in 2012, my leather jacket sleeve tore and so, I bought myself a long, thick wool coat in the most gorgeous blue and dark blue pattern. The only other option then was a drab black coat and I decided to chuck practicality out of the window and follow my instinct. The only things I looked for are good quality material, a good finishing and lots of warmth. I am so pleased I made that decision. This coat has been my faithful companion on all my travels so far. Here are some ways I have styled it.Continue Reading "4 Ways to Style a Blue Coat"