Hair Makeover and Review BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour
Hi everyone, how have you been? I have been missing for a while from blogsville and the online world in general. Well, life threw a couple of lemons at me and am glad I had people around to help me turn it into lemonade 🙂 So, back in July I had the opportunity to get a hair makeover courtesy JAMMs and BBlunt. It was quite an experience, a two day affair where I got my hair coloured on Day 1 and had a wonderful interaction with Adhuna Bhabani and mommies from around the city. My hair makeover was done using BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour which is a DIY home colour kit. Before I get into the review, watch a few snippets from the event.
Now, doesn’t that look like a fun event? For years, my hair has been coloured Burgundy or Black with Red tones. With my natural dark brown, the effect has been kind of copper, especially when light hits it. When the BBlunt team recommended going Blue-Black I had concerns about the Blue! But they were very reassuring that the blue is just a hint of blue shimmer visible only when the hair catches natural light. That, is how I ended up with a totally different hair look. You can see in the slightest shimmer where the light hits. It is extremely subtle and I was told will be more prominent with subsequent colouring.
Adhuna’s Tips and Tricks for Coloured Hair
Adhuna shared a lot of information about hair, especially around managing colour. Some of my key learnings were:
- Get a stylist to review your hair before you colour. Even if you are going to do a DIY job with a home colouring kit like BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour, a stylist can evaluate whether your hair is strong enough for the colouring.
- Don’t pile on a lot of chemical treatments on your hair. If you decide to, then let your stylist advise you on what treatments are complimentary and best suited to the current state of your hair.
- Have a long term colour strategy! Now this came as a shocker. While Adhuna is a big advocate of try things, she advises not to be impulsive and experimental all the time. If you are going for a drastic colour change, have a plan about how you are going to maintain it.
- Our hair needs UV protection too! Skipping Sunscreen is not just a skincare sin, it is also a haircare sin. Choose products that will protect your hair from environmental factors. BBlunt has a suit of products that will do this for various hair types.
- Lastly, she did stress on having fun with your hair. Try new things. It is hair. Even if something goes wrong, It will grow back! Trust me on this one. I have been there. You can read more about it in my Hair Story series.
Review of BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour
BBlunt has developed the hair colour in collaboration with Godrej. The BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour is available in 7 shades covering Black, Brown and Red tones. It is available in two packaging sizes, one for global colour and a smaller one for touchups. The differentiating feature in the BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour is the Shine Tonic though. You can see Paloumi add it to the mix when she is prepping for the colour.
What I Liked about BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour
- The Shine is absolutely incredible. For the first two weeks or so my hair looked straight out of a shampoo commercial. The potion totally works!
- BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour is extremely affordable. This comes at a fraction of the cost compared to similar products from a competing brand. Now that I have used both, I can not figure out a difference in quality or the product, the experience or the results
- It comes in a smaller packaging for root touch-ups. This is a big plus. Off late, my roots have started showing pretty quickly. I don’t want to do a global job sooner than once in three months (I am quite lazy like that) and end up with lots of white hair at the crown by the time the last month rolls around. It seems wasteful and expensive to use a whole kit for the roots. But with smaller touch-up packages, I can do a quick job at covering them.
What I did not like about BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour
- The colour is supposed to last upto 8 weeks only. This fact is mentioned on the brochure and the brand is not giving a false claim but this bums me out because it does not fit in my three month colour plan.
- I experienced itching on the scalp for the first week. Now this could be totally unrelated to the product and be dependent on the health issues I was having then, but I do think I was reacting to some ingredient in the colour. Thankfully the itching was not severe and no rash developed. It was more like an irritant.
Final Thoughts on BBlunt Salon Secrets High Shine Creme Hair Colour
This is a good product to use just before an event. The shine and colour would be at their prime and look quite glam. As with any hair colour, do a patch test before using it! As for me, I am going to stick to this range for a while and am totally conflicted about staying with blue black or going back to red tones. What do you think I should do?
I got the opportunity to be a part of this collaboration via JAMMs. Thank you 🙂
Leaving you guys with a few more pics of the event. Hover over each pic to read the captions. Also let me know if you prefer a mosaic like this or a slideshow.