That’s the only way to describe Delhi’s weather these days… Some of the things I associate with Summer:
- Ice Candies – Love’em in orange!
- Watermelon – Anytime, anywhere… having grown up in Mumbai that has practically no winter, watermelons were a perennial thing to beat the heat
- Loose Kurtas – The softer the cotton, the flowy the kurta, the better…
- Skirts, Long cotton skirts – If they were not made for summer, what were they made for?
- Reading – Summertime always meant lots and lots of reading!
- Vacation – Who doesn’t dream of getting away in the crazy hot months?
- Mangoes – Need I say more?
- Sunglasses – Glam up!
- Chaas – Mealtime staples these were. My classmates still remember the iced chaas mum would pack for my lunch early in the morning. By lunchtime, the ice would melt and I had cool chaas all to myself! 😉
- Power Cuts – Part of the package :s
- Siesta – Afternoon power naps anyone?
- Large handbags – Need to cart around extra water, umbrella, face wipes etc. etc. etc.
- Evening Showers – Can you resist the call of the cool water in the evening?
- Phalse – This has to be a staple of every summer spent at Delhi…. my early childhood memories are buying phalse from the pheriwalla in the afternoon and eating them on the staircase at naani’s house while chatting up with cousins…
What are yours???