For my daughter’s birthday party last Sunday, I sported a black and white outfit. I wanted something simple, elegant and extremely comfortable. This Georgette maxi and white lace shrug combo fit the bill to the T!
Styling my Black and White Outfit
While scouring our friendly neighbourhood market, I came across this dress. It has a faux pearl detailing on the neck and a free flowing A-line shape. The underskirt has a short frill that gives such a beautiful fall to the dress. I belted the dress around my waist to give it shape and added a white lace shrug.
I wanted a pop of colour in the dress so chose to wear my red espadrilles. I was going to be on my feet the entire while and this pair is very comfortable. I wore a white leather watch and a pair of diamond earrings. That is it. Keeping the accessories minimal kept the focus on the dress.
Makeup with my Black and White Outfit
I kept the makeup minimal as well. I knew I was going to be running around so there would be no opportunity for a touch up. That is why I spent all my time in getting the base right. The pic above is taken four hours after my makeup was done and my makeup still seems fresh. I used the following products for this look –
- Benefit Pore Professional Primer – I attribute the freshness to this!
- Benefit Boi-ing Concealor – They don’t call it an industrial strength concealor for nothing!
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation – Applied with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation – Lightly dusted on to set the concealor
- MAC Smolder Eye Kohl – Super black and super long lasting
- MAC Mehr Lipstick – It now comes out on special occasions only!
That is it… did you like the look?
Day 10 – September Blogging Challenge