Drape A Smile – A JAMM’s Social Initiative
I am sure that like me, you too have some saris tucked in
to the back of your closet or under your bed that are rarely ever used. We don’t wear saris all that much these days and then there are those saris which were gifted to us and not quite our style, or we have newer, trendier ones to sport on those rare occassions that we do wear a sari. JAMM’s Drape A Smile is the perfect reason to not just de-clutter these but also do a good deed this festive season. Think about a woman in some corner of the country who gets your sari. As she drapes her new sari gifted by you, she is also draping a smile on her face. She is thanking her angel for a simple joy that we upwardly mobile sometimes take for granted. These underprivileged women give up so much to ensure their children and families have a happy Diwali, they slave away to make the basic sweets and often use their meagre savings to buy their children new clothes.
I have done my bit to drape a smile on someone’s face. If you too wish to be a part of this initiative, 30 drop points have been set up across Mumbai city by volunteer moms to make it easy for you to donate the saris. The donation drive will continue till 14th November 2016. You can contact 9930203454 or email [email protected] for more information.
You might like these too
Sharing is Good!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)